Sunday, May 9, 2010
How To Have The Perfect Mother's Day
1. Raise your babies. Don't despair over the hard years. Well, okay, despair, but keep hope in your heart and just love, love, love them.
2. Receive your grandchildren.
3. On Mother's Day, wake up with your grandson in bed with you. Give him a bottle and fall back to sleep with him and your husband. Sleep deeply and well, that boy between you.
4. Wake up to his smiles on the most gloriously cool and sunny day you can imagine.
5. Have adventures.
6. Wait for the children to arrive.
7. Be grateful, joyful, and astonished at your good fortune.
Owen and Pop-Pop being serious.
Sharing French toast with Pearl.
Learning about tomatoes.
They'll be ripe soon.
Grandmother and Owen.
Jessie with beautiful fruits, vegetables, cheese and...a blue bottle of gin.
And it's only one p.m.
I am not sure my heart can hold it.